Thursday, May 14, 2009

New Review - Drive Me Home

I'm pleased to share the link to a very thoughtful and detailed review for Drive Me Home over at Well-Read.

If you want to read the story without any spoilers (?) you may not want to click the link.

Overall, I think what pleased me most about this review was her ending comment: "Even now, days later, I am still thinking about this book, reflecting on its themes of passivity and control; mulling over what it was about Eric that made me so cross; and thinking over the implications of the ending for the two men. For that reason alone I think this deserves a grade of 'Very Good'."

I don't feel I can ask for more than someone spending time thinking about a story once they are done reading it.

Although I will say, this tickled me as well:

The slightly disorientating way of showing the point of view of the two men working under cover, the way that we never really know who they are until quite close to the end was rather chilling.

No comments:

Post a Comment