Friday, February 3, 2012

I interrupt my absence to share this post...

I'm not the most involved individual around, especially here on my professional blog, but I have to share a post excellently written by Heidi Cullinan and one that I think well worth reading:

RWA Shouldn’t Be in the Business of Discrimination
Posted by: Heidi Cullinan on: February 3, 2012

– Note: MTM will no longer accept same-sex entries in any category.

from the contest rules for the More Than Magic contest hosted by Romance Writers Ink
Chapter of RWA

Read More at Heidi's Blog.

And for those dear friends who have already told me this is only one contest, and only one chapter.... Pffffffftttttt.

Many years ago I was thrilled to join the RWA. Look Ma, I'm a real writer! Just as many years ago I canceled my membership. I know strides have been made, especially the RRW Group, and appreciate the efforts of those involved, but in the end decided I would pay my money to a more accepting organization.

Sadly, I'm not seeing any incentive to rejoin.

No comments:

Post a Comment