Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Kinda funny in the early morning

At least, six-am, pre-coffee funny.

I was happily downloading another batch of free books for my Kindle courtesy of www.ereaderiq.com, (love that site, really I do!) when I came across this offering: Mike McIntyre's The Kindness of Strangers: Penniless Across America. Wherein the author left his unfufilled life and hitchicked across America without any money, depending solely on the kindess of those he met in his travels.

It sounded familiar, but I couldn't remember why. A Google search reminded me. It wasn't that the book was featured on Oprah, rather it was the news reports pre-July 4th power outage. In this case the fellow claimed to be randomly shot while traveling the country to put together a book on the kindness of strangers.

And people wonder where authors get their ideas. Real Life. You can't make this stuff up.

No comments:

Post a Comment