Wednesday, November 23, 2022

A moment to be thankful...

The U.S. Thanksgiving Holiday is tomorrow, and for those who celebrate, it's traditionally a day to share and be grateful for the people and happenings around us. In light of yet another tragic mass shooting targeting our LGBTQ+ community and the empty seats at many tables this year, it feels especially meaningful. And, while I often spend time expressing my gratitude in my personal life, I don't often spare thoughts to what I am thankful for when it comes to my writing.

So I did some journaling:

I am thankful for my initial opportunity to make my dream of being an author come true.

I am thankful for the many friends, acquaintances, and inspiring people met along this author journey.

I am thankful for the good friends and fellow authors who supported me when my feelings of loyalty were used against me in a manner detrimental to my emotional and financial well-being.

I am thankful for the technology that allows me continue to create despite my vision loss.

I am thankful for the opportunity to revisit and retell several of my older stories and characters. (And the chance to change the names of said characters when past!me insisted on using the same two names in every other story.)

I am thankful for JMS Books, LLC for accepting me as an author and their willingness to give stories I love new life and audience.

I am thankful for the courage and opportunities to tell new stories that would otherwise never be written.

And, most of all, I am thankful for my readers, old and new, who enjoy my work and encourage (sometimes even blackmail) me to continue to write.

What are you thankful for this season?




No comments:

Post a Comment