Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Behind the scenes of The Reason for the Season. Now available for Pre-order.

 












I had so much fun revisiting this short novella. Austin and Maddox's journey is a very dear one to me, and includes several personal moments from my own life.

Yes, I have been on the road during a dreaded snowpocalypse, and the experience with the broken wiper blade happened to me late one wintery night during my hour-long commute after a late shift at work. Definitely an experience I won't forget.

Vollwerth's is a real company I highly recommend. If you are looking to share some Upper Peninsula love, their gift boxes are a favorite Michigan treat to both give and receive. Once you've tried their hot dogs, you'll never want another brand.

Michigan Tech is an amazing college in Houghton, Michigan and does share record snowfalls on their website. "The record-high seasonal total—a whopping 355.90 inches—came in the winter of 1978–79. The least amount of snowfall, in the winter of 1930–31, is 81.30 inches."  It was a point of pride when I was younger to make the drive from in one, non-stop trip. Why? We were young, what more can I say? ROAD TRIP!

The Great Lakes National Cemetery in Holly, Michigan is a beautiful final resting place that we have visited many times since it was opened and, as per the website: "Burial in a national cemetery is open to all members of the armed forces who have met a minimum active duty service requirement and were discharged under conditions other than dishonorable." 

This novella, originally offered by another publisher, has been rewritten and re-edited with an expanded word count for your enjoyment. This rewrite was also another, head-shaking moment for me when I realized that once again, I used the same two character names as I had in other works. Long-time readers have joined in the fun of emailing me with the number of times I have used the same names. Are there prizes? Maaaaybe. LOL. I appreciate the chance to revise the character names and redeem myself with future readers.

Visit JMS Books today to pre-order your copy and take advantage of the the 20% pre-order discount.
















No comments:

Post a Comment