Tuesday, January 3, 2023

What's your word of the year for 2023?

Or, maybe I should ask, do you pick a word for the year? Do you like the idea of one short, meaningful word to help guide your through the weeks and months to come? Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. And that's some of the story behind my 2023 word of the year.

Happy 2023, friends! How is it treating you three days in? Are you full of blissful excitement, eager for the fun ahead? Or are you more like me, one foot in 2023 and one foot still dragging through the end of 2022? I'm asking a lot of questions, I know. Ha! That's another part of the story behind my 2023 word of the year.

My word for 2023, my compass direction for this new year, my guiding hope, is Simplify. Because, heaven help me, if there's a way to not only complicate something, but over-complicate it, I'll find that way. Anything you can come with: a system, a routine, a process, a planner page. A list. Give me the chance, and I will find a way to make sure I work on it while I'm standing on my head while juggling with my feet. And frankly, my dears. I'm tired of adding additional hoops to jump through. 

Wish me luck with my search to simplify this year, and let me know what your word for 2023 is. We can cheer each other on.




No comments:

Post a Comment